Wednesday 23 October 2013

Red Star Bassaleg in thriller in Bellend Conference opener

My Pro Elves vs Alun's Norse. Alun's a great player, very experienced with Woodies and Norse, although I have the edge over him having won 3 of our last 4 meetings, including a 4-0 and 5-0.

It's 2-1 to Red Star, turn 7 of the second half. I have just had my 7th go and now it's his. What follows is Rimmer-esque in style but it is the biggest crazy bullsh1t move I have seen in a long time, if not ever.

So, he blitzes and knocks down my catcher who is about to score. His thrower performs the following sequence:

a/ go for it
b/ pick up the ball (no sure hands)
c/ declare long bomb - because of the sun, the pass will succeed on a 6 but a score of 1-4 is a fumble
d/ my lineman fails to intercept (5+)
e/ after a reroll, he gets a 5+ for the pass; inaccurate
f/ the ball scatters...it scatters....it lands on his feckin' runner
g/ needing a 4+ to catch, he rolls it

He'd intercepted with a werewolf early in the first half and scored against the run of play, injuring a player on the way for 7SPP's in one go. Final score 2-2. Jammy git.

No comments:

Post a Comment